Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Xilinx Displays Pro AV Solutions with Any-to-Any Connectivity at ISE 2017
SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (XLNX) will display Pro AV solutions with Any-to-Any connectivity at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2017. Xilinx and its Alliance Members' high bandwidth video processing and compression demonstrations increase innovation, differentiation, and time-to-market. Visit Xilinx at Stand 14-B132 at ISE, February 7-10, 2017, at the Amsterdam RAI.
Xilinx recently shipped its first Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC video codec equipped devices, adding to its portfolio of 16nm devices. These devices are Xilinx's first All Programmable single chip solution for concurrent 4KP60 video encoding, decoding, and transcoding supporting applications in the broadcast, pro AV, surveillance, aerospace & defense, machine vision and consumer markets. The video codec feature allows the same Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC device to be used for video and non-video applications and enables customers to retain their embedded software investments.
Xilinx and Ecosystem Demonstrations - Booth 14-B132
- 4K HEVC Real Time Compression - Presented by Xilinx This demonstration will showcase the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC with Video Codec Unit (VCU) on the Xilinx ZCU106 Evaluation Kit. This kit will encode and decode a 4K video stream, and will be used to demonstrate the industry's first all-programmable device with integrated real-time H.264/H.265 (AVC/HEVC) codec.
- 4K HDMI Over IP Using TICO - Presented by intoPIX This demonstration implements the TICO codec from intoPIX on a Kintex®-7 FPGA on the Xilinx KC705 Evaluation Kit. Using a tiny footprint and no external memory, TICO offers a high-quality, low-latency ability to transmit 4K60 video over existing infrastructure, saving cost of recabling to support higher bitrates in HDMI applications such as KVM and 4K video distribution for professional installations and digital signage.
- 4K HDMI Over IP Using VC-2 HQ - Presented by Barco Silex This demonstration showcases how the Zynq®-7000 SoC on the Barco Silex VIPER board allows incoming 4K60 video from HDMI 2.0 to be transported over 1GB Ethernet after compression with the Barco Silex VC-2 High Quality video codec. The Viper OEM board is a fully integrated solution for the development and deployment of ultra-low latency AV over IP products such as HDMI extension and residential distribution, video conferencing, servers and digital signage and video walls.
- 4K Real Time Warp & Image Stitching - Presented by Omnitek The Zynq SoC on the Omnitek OZ745 development platform performs high quality fisheye, keystone, rotation and perspective mapping with arbitrary warp and edge blending. At the heart of this platform is Omnitek's Video Warp Processor (OVWP) that takes in a 4K60 input via the Real Time Video Engine (RTVE) reference design and the Omnitek Scalable Video Processor (OSVP) that outputs the transformed image to a monitor over HDMI. The OVWP combined with the RTVE provides a low-latency, highly-optimized single chip solution for projector correction and mapping, creative digital signage and immersive applications such as visualization, simulation and AR/VR.
- 8K Real Time Video Processing - Presented by Omnitek This demonstration uses a Kintex® UltraScale™ on the Inrevium ACDC8K development platform. Using Inrevium FMC daughter cards, 4K60 video is input to the Omnitek Scalable Video Processor (OSVP), then scaled up to 8K and output to an 8K monitor. The Omnitek processing system showcases the processing and transceiver speeds required to handle high bandwidth 8K video and is optimized for use in large format displays (LED walls, projection systems), interactive displays and high quality digital signage applications.
Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs, and 3D ICs. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software defined and hardware optimized - powering industry advancements in Cloud Computing, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT, and 5G. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.
© Copyright 2017 Xilinx, Inc. Xilinx, the Xilinx logo, Artix, ISE, Kintex, Spartan, Virtex, Vivado, Zynq, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Xilinx in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Silvia E. Gianelli
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.