Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Todd A. Abbott Named President and CEO of Tely Labs
- Tely Labs' board of directors has appointed Todd Abbott president and chief executive officer and member of its board of directors.
- Abbott's background includes transforming high-tech businesses; deep sales, technology, marketing and operations experience and creating high-performance cultures that enable organizations to drive profitable growth.
- Co-Founder Sreekanth Ravi will retain his position as Tely Labs chairman of the board.
- Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer Sudhakar Ravi will continue in his role.
Tely Labs, the leader in simple, secure and affordable video conferencing, today announced the appointment of Todd Abbott as president and chief executive officer and member of its board of directors effectively immediately. Abbott joins Tely Labs with more than 30 years of industry experience at some of the world's leading technology firms, with his top priorities being accelerating the company's financial and operational performance and advancing its progression in the video conferencing space.
In addition to his vast Unified Communications (UC) knowledge and international experience, including living and leading teams in Asia and Europe, Abbott has built customer-centric organizations as well as successfully overseeing company transformations, integrations and transitions from primarily direct sales approaches to ones that included channel partnerships.
Prior to Tely Labs, Abbott was executive vice president of Strategy and Go-to-Market at Sonus Networks where he led the sales force and implemented the company's first channel program. Sonus' business unit planning, business development and global marketing functions were also under Abbott's direction. Other positions he has held during his professional career include:
- Senior vice president, Sales and president, Field Operations, Avaya
- Executive vice president, Sales, Marketing and Customer Service, Seagate Technology
- Senior vice president, Worldwide Sales and Operations, Symbol Technologies
- Vice president, Service Providers (Europe); vice president (South Asia); and various leadership roles in the U.S. financial services sector, Cisco Systems, Inc.
Abbott started his career at IBM and holds a bachelor's degree in finance and marketing from Northeastern University.
With Abbott's appointment, Sreekanth Ravi will remain chairman of the board and Co-Founder Sudhakar Ravi will maintain his role as chief technology officer and board member.
"Having established Tely Labs as a disrupter in video conferencing, Todd is the logical leader to expand the business from an early stage startup into a fast growth organization," said Sreekanth Ravi, Tely Labs co-founder and chairman of the board of directors. "This leadership shift follows the model deployed in my previous startups, which is to install seasoned leadership to scale the business from a startup to a successful growth company. Todd not only has the experience to guide the company's strategic direction and ensure disciplined execution, but also the go-to-market skills and strategic vision to lead Tely Labs through our next phase of hyper growth."
"It is an honor to have been chosen to lead Tely Labs into the next era of its journey," said Abbott. "Tely Labs' focus on driving product and technology development has helped establish the company as a leader in the video communications area. The opportunity for Tely Labs to expand video conferencing deeper into larger enterprises and small and medium businesses is immense and we are uniquely positioned based on our leadership in delivering enterprise class products at a lower price point."
About Tely Labs:
Founded in 2010, Tely Labs is a pioneer in simple, secure and affordable video communication and collaboration systems that fundamentally change the way people communicate. Tely Labs is dedicated to bringing video conferencing to every meeting room, remote office and healthcare facility -- simply, securely and affordably. Learn more at www.tely.com.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.