Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Collaboration Squared introduces Ubiety Room - transform any meeting room based PC|?Mac|Chromebox into a fully interoperable video conference system
Collaboration Squared, a global conferencing and collaboration service provider, today announced the launch of Ubiety Room, an app & cloud service that turns any meeting room based PC | ?Mac | Chromebox into a fully interoperable video conference system.
Think traditional video conference endpoint functionality, but using the existing multipurpose compute hardware customers already have in meeting rooms. With the Ubiety Room software these devices can video call from Ubiety Room to Ubiety Room, but more importantly to/from traditional vide conference endpoints like Cisco/Polycom/LifeSize, Lync/Skype users, Cisco Jabber users, Ubiety users, Ubiety meetings and even can call into other bridge vendors such as Cisco/Polycom/Blue Jeans meetings. All meaning customers can leverage their existing investments/infrastructure/services. Included is also call escalation to 25 sites from the room device and a free Ubiety virtual meeting room per Ubiety Room customer as well.
In addition, after being selected as a winner the Innovation Showcase at Enterprise Connect earlier this year, Collaboration Squared is announcing they've been selected for the Innovation Showcase at Infocomm 2015 Orlando this coming Wednesday June 17th to Friday June 19th and will be exclusively demonstrating Ubiety Room in Hall D, Booth #5885 and are entered with a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
"Our goal with the Ubiety Room solution is not to replace customers traditional video conference endpoints, but to complement them. With Ubiety Room we can enable video collaboration in many more meeting rooms for very low cost using customers existing multipurpose compute devices with USB peripherals and our software/cloud" says Daryl Hutchings, Collaboration Squared CEO "The important part is that we offer full interoperability to their existing video collaboration endpoints, bridges, infrastructure and services for no extra cost."
Collaboration Squared was selected for the Innovation Showcase for its innovative Ubiety cloud video collaboration solution, unlimited participant models, flexible contracts and new on-premise to hybrid cloud options. The company was also recognized for its commitment to the environment and its donation 'give back' program.
"Our research shows that the huddle room is a hot topic inside enterprises of all size" says Bill Haskins, UC Analyst at Wainhouse Research. "In order to collaboration-enable these smaller rooms, IT decision makers are looking for a cost-effective alternative that can deliver high quality and ease of use while remaining flexible enough to support an ever-growing number of collaborative applications. The Ubiety Room solution is positioned to fill this need head on."
About Ubiety Room:
- BYOD - Customer provides their own meeting rooms compute hardware, USB peripherals and layers the Ubiety Room software on top ?
- HD capable - Hardware dependent, Ubiety Room calls can scale to full 1080p 30fps at insanely high quality
- Own identity and Presence - each Ubiety Room has its own login and SIP URI for internal and external communication
- Call Escalation - Ubiety Room endpoint can seamlessly call escalate to up to 25 participants on any device
- No Unique email address needed - You can set up as many Ubiety Room accounts as you wish with a single central administrator to manage Ubiety Room usernames, locations and passwords
- Local address books - Each Ubiety Room login has its own local address book meaning you can search for other Ubiety Rooms & users in your domain, but also add entries for video conference systems and other bridges. Making it super simple click and call to connect point to point or multipoint to any other video devices.
- A free Ubiety virtual meeting room for each Ubiety Room customer - Even though call escalation is included sometimes you want to schedule a bridge call and have guests join from any device on any network. We also give one shared 25 way Ubiety virtual meeting room per customer for free, incl free phone conferencing in 40 countries.
- Peripheral devices - Add any USB webcam and USB mic/speakers to your compute device in the meeting room for video input and audio input/output.
- Already have a conference phone? - Ubiety Room can call back to your conference phone for audio input/output and the system is even smart enough to know you've connected audio on the phone so when you speak, your video switches up to everyone in the conference.
- Multipurpose device - We do not force the device to only run the Ubiety Room service, it's just an app so you can continue to use the standard operating system and use the device for other purposes when not in a video call.
Learn more by visiting Collaboration Squared in the Innovation Showcase at InfoComm Hall D (booth #5885).
Daryl Hutchings will be speaking at the following sessions at InfoComm 2015
- 6/18/2015 8:30 am UCCS05: The Merger of AV and IT Part 2 - How Do You Merge AV Systems into an IT organization's UC Infrastructure?
- 6/18/2015 12:30pm InfoComm University Session: IS-48 How UC Service Providers Win Clients and Influence Decision-Makers http://goo.gl/pCWRSY
Follow Collaboration Squared online:
Ubiety Room unique website address
ABOUT COLLABORATION SQUARED
Collaboration Squared is a new global conferencing and collaboration service provider with offices in New York, London, Singapore and Sydney. Ubiety, the first core offering is a cloud collaboration platform that takes interoperability of video conferencing, web collaboration and phone conferencing to an unprecedented new level with a simplified intuitive user interface. Learn more at www.collaborationsquared.com. Connect with us on Twitter at twitter.com/collabsq,
Established in 1939, InfoComm International has more than 5,000 members, including manufacturers, systems integrators, dealers and distributors, independent consultants, programmers, rental and staging companies, end users and multimedia professionals from more than 80 countries. InfoComm International serves its members and the industry through education, including technical and business courses, in the classroom and online; resources, such as AV standards, thought pieces and market research; and events, including local roundtables and international trade shows. InfoComm International is the founder of InfoComm, the largest annual conference and exhibition for AV buyers and sellers worldwide. InfoComm also produces trade shows in Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.