Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
twinBot - remotely controlled telepresence robot
What is the twinBot?
The twinBot is a remotely controlled telepresence robot that enables conversation to happen anywhere you want.
How does it work?
The twinBot uses different sensors to keep its balance. It uses the same concept as a segway. The tablet's videostream goes directly to the driver and vice versa, so you can interact with people as if you where there.
Where could the twinBot be used?
Imagine you could be at different places at the same time! You can use the twinBot in your office, your home or switch to a twinBot that is located in your factory. You can do all this without leaving your desk.
or use your twinBot as watchdog when you are on holiday...
How could the twinBot be controlled?
You can controll the twinBot using a tablet, a laptop, a PC or your smartphone. You only have to logon to your twinBot and you can be free to roam around and have communications anywhere you want.
Who we are?
At nolodesign we love to create cool and smart devices for people who live and breathe technology just like we do. In the past we developed a few self-balancing transporters. We had the idea to put a tablet on one of our transporters and make it remoteable. This was a great fun, just for roaming arround in our office. So we decided to develop a smart and inexpensive telepresence robot that uses an standard android tablet for communication.
What is state of development ?
The twinBots�development is almost finished. It could be remotely controlled with any device using chrome or firefox. We are just working on really cool remote app, that makes navigating the twinBot as easy as possible.
Comes the twinBot with an android pad included?
- Yes, the twinBot comes completely installed with an 8" android tablet.
Can I connect to my twinBot only in a WiFi-enviroment?
- No, the tablet has a 3G-Modul, so you can insert your SIM-Card and use a 3G internet-connection.
Can I see what is above and below the twinBot?
- Yes, the tablet can be tilted over +/- 45�. So you can see everything that is above, below or directly in front of the twinBot.
Can I park the twinBot in order to save energy?
- Yes, the twinBot has two park-stands.
Can I connect my twinBot with any device?
- You can connect to your twinBot using any internet device that runs firefox or chrome browser.
When will the twinBot be delivered?
- The first production batch will be started August 2015, delivery is scheduled for September/October 2015.
What is the max. speed the twinBot can go?
- The maximum speed is about 1.5 m/sec.
How long will the battery last?
- The battery range is up to 10h (by 2.5h drivingtime).
How long will the tablet's battery last?
- Up to 4h, but this depends on the personal setup (contrast ratio e.g.).
How long is the charging time?
- The charging time for the twinBot is about 2.5h.
How can I contact the team?
- If you have any questions or comments, please email email@example.com
- for press information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
twinBot uses Web RTC for communicating. This means, no routerconfiguration is necessary (port forwarding. e.g.)
- Height: 53" / 134 cm
- Footprint: 12.5" x 8.5" / 31.8 cm x 21.5 cm
- Weight: 16lbs / 7.5 kg
- Speed: slow to moderate walking speed
- Wheelchairamp: Yes. twinBot will go up about a 5% incline
- Outdoor use: No
- Battery: 8-10 hours per charge (depends on use). Charge time is about 2.5 hours.
- Camera: Pad Front Camera with wide angle lense
- Pad: 8" android tablet
- Tilt: Tablet can be tilted +/-45�
- Network requirements: WiFi /3G/LTE, twinBot itselfs has no wifi or 3G/LTE. Internet connectivity is obtained directly from your wifi router / access point / repeater directly to the android Pad used as the twinBot's "head".
- Video protocol: Standards-based WebRTC (Video component in HTML5).
- Monthly fees or software fees: No
- tablet included: Yes
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.