Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Samsung Electronics Demonstrates Commitment to Enterprise Platform at CeBIT 2015
Delivers keynote on the potential of the Internet of Things for enterprise, and showcases dynamic portfolio of business solutions across six industries
Today at CeBIT 2015, Won-Pyo Hong, President and Chief Marketing Officer of Samsung Electronics, delivered a keynote at Center Stage in Hall 8 of the Hannover Exhibition Grounds. In his speech, he addressed the Internet of Things (IoT) for enterprise and how Samsung is creating an innovative, open and collaborative IoT ecosystem.
"As more and more businesses adopt the Internet of Things, we have a great opportunity to enhance customer value with increased productivity and profit," said Mr. Hong. "Significant advancements can be made in the business process through the application of IoT in inventory management, energy efficiency and more. However, we first have to overcome the challenges of platform compatibility, data analysis and security in order to accelerate IoT adoption."
As part of its commitment to the enterprise sector, Samsung is introducing Samsung Business, a dedicated brand that unifies Samsung's end-to-end business solution portfolio, including tailored offerings for industry-specific uses across retail, education, hospitality, healthcare, finance and transportation.
The company is showcasing its enterprise technology solutions and services at its exhibition booth (Booth #C30, Hall 2) from March 16 to March 20.
Samsung Business: Business Readiness for IoT
Samsung Business expands and unifies all Samsung business solutions, including Samsung KNOX for security and enterprise mobility management, Samsung SMART Signage solution, Samsung printing solution and other business offerings - all optimized for enterprise-readiness.
The Samsung Business brand deepens Samsung's ongoing commitment to providing business solutions with enterprise-grade security, quality and reliability for a connected world. As a trusted partner of innovation, Samsung Business enables customers to achieve their business goals now in this transformative era.
Samsung Business Solutions in Action
Samsung is showcasing its enterprise solutions and services across the industries of retail, education, hospitality, healthcare, finance and transportation. The six experiential zones at Samsung's booth highlight diverse scenarios for customers to easily experience firsthand the user-friendly and secure experiences across Samsung devices, solutions and services.
Samsung allows retailers to create seamless, engaging and unique shopping and dining experiences by offering a broad portfolio of innovative and integrated solutions across digital signage and mobile devices.
- Mirror Solution - Features a digital mirror with Samsung Smart Signage that can be configured into VideoWalls. Customers can get a clear view on all angles of the clothes they are trying on, offering a practical solution and unique shopping experience.
Samsung's education solutions enrich the learning experience, enhance teaching effectiveness and allow administrators to run institutions more efficiently.
- Samsung School Solution- Provides an interactive and collaborative learning environment by integrating Samsung mobile devices with interactive learning tools. The solution makes classroom collaboration easier and more fun. Students are encouraged to actively engage in lessons through features such as screen-sharing, on-screen quizzes and digital handwriting using the S-pen. The intuitive management tools allow teachers to conveniently prepare class materials and maintain control over students' learning devices and materials.
- Samsung Cloud Print Service - An intuitive and end-to-end document workflow solution that allows teachers and students to easily handle, manage and monitor printing devices and documents to improve productivity and flexibility.
- Workbook Composer for Education Vertical - Workbook Composer is an editing solution that allows scanned documents to be converted into a text document directly from the printer. Customers can select the areas they wish to scan, convert the areas into a file and then print the file or send it via email for further editing. It's convenient and also a faster way to complete paperwork for educators and students.
Samsung delivers a more personalized and seamless hotel experience, while providing an advanced infrastructure to optimize operational efficiency.
- SMART Hotel Solution - A management solution that offers a premium in-room experience, including features like auto-adjustment of room lighting and blinds for optimal brightness levels. Samsung's sleek full HD Hospitality Displays deliver exceptional picture quality. Samsung's SMART hotel solution provides guests with customized content on the TV screen; guests can wirelessly view their mobile content on Samsung displays and vice versa for dynamic two-way viewing.
- Information Bulletin Touch - Greet guests with relevant messaging and real-time information on the vibrant 55-inch Samsung SMART Signage with touch functionality.
Samsung develops innovative mobility solutions that enable caregivers to provide better care and empower individuals with tools that enhance overall wellness.
- Preventive Mobile Cardiac Rehabilitation - Enables real-time, continuous rehabilitation monitoring of chronic cardiac conditions, giving healthcare providers vital information required for accurate decision making and precise care delivery. This solution is comprised of Samsung GALAXY devices and the wireless BodyGuardian cardiac sensor.
- Vidyo - The reach of healthcare extends beyond the walls of a hospital or clinic with video conferencing solutions from Vidyo on Samsung devices. Samsung Galaxy devices and other Samsung portfolio products, using solutions based on the VidyoWorks[TM] platform, enable a variety of clinical services and workflows to be conducted through real-time video communication. These solutions enable patients in remote locations, including the elderly or non-ambulatory patients, to receive expedited care, and enable healthcare providers to leverage their specialists across greater populations, resulting in better outcomes and increased revenues.
Security and customer service are at the heart of Samsung's business solutions for the financial services industry. Samsung's enterprise devices and automated document management solutions transform financial processes for swifter, more personalized customer service, while ensuring security at every touch point.
- Secure & Pull Printing Solution with Samsung Business Core Printing Solutions - Financial staff can work smarter with secure document handling and printing. Authorized branch personnel can use Samsung SecuThru� Lite 2 to easily pull confidential customer documents from the Samsung Multifunction printer and release them safely with ID card authentication. SecuThru� Lite 2 ensures that only authorized personnel can retrieve documents, safeguarding customers' personal information and privacy, which is critical to the financial industry
Samsung's transportation solution provides real-time information and analysis of data using digital devices for efficient delivery and transport processes. Solutions also include up-to-the-minute travel information and convenient, self-service options for an exceptional passenger experience.
- 24/7 Professional Grade Signage Solution - At airports, passengers can get real-time flight information such as arrival and departure times, flight and gate numbers with ease and accuracy in various locations on Samsung SMART Signage. Built for reliable 24/7 commercial operation for airport environments, these highly readable displays deliver sharp, crisp text and images in virtually any lighting conditions, thanks to 700-nit brightness levels.
Learn More About Samsung Business
To learn more about how Samsung Business can help your business now at CeBIT 2015, please visit http://www.samsung.com/business.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, please visit our official website at http://www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.