Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Logitech ConferenceCam Connect: Huddle Groups without the Huddle
No, that's not a fancy coffee canteen--it's the Logitech ConferenceCam Connect. Logitech unveils today its new HD 1080p camera, billing it as an all-in-one video collaboration solution for groups of one to six people.
Essentially, it's for huddle groups that don't want to literally huddle in front of a laptop to video conference. They don't have to with this camera, given its 90-degree field of view, wireless screen-mirror projection to any nearby monitor and ability to work with most any device thrown at it (through Bluetooth or USB). The ConferenceCam also doesn't hog up the bandwidth of whatever laptop is hosting it--its on-board encoding processes the video inside the camera for a smoother video stream. And Logitech touts the camera's echo and noise-cancelling technology to help the acoustics sound fairly lifelike within a 12-foot diameter.
The camera sits firmly in the middle of Logitech's camera line, designed to be more portable and powerful than its Bcc950 but less expensive than its ConferenceCam CC3000e for larger groups.
- USB and Bluetooth
- Wireless screen-mirror projection
- Multi-device connectivity
- 90o field of view
- Digital pan, mechanical tilt, 4x digital Full HD zoom, and a ZEISS optics with autofocus
- Speakerphone with Bluetooth, Near Field Communication (NFC), and USB
- 360o sound with 12-foot diameter range
- Acoustic echo and noise-cancelling technology
- USB Plug-and-Play Connectivity
- Rechargeable battery with three-hour life
- H.264 UVC 1.5 with Scalable Video Coding (SVC) in the camera
- Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity
- Remote Control
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.