Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Kaltura to Showcase New Video Solutions for Jive at JiveWorld14
Enabling companies to enhance their enterprise communication and collaboration solutions, Kaltura seamlessly integrates advanced video tools into the Jive platform.
New York, NY, October 20, 2014 - Kaltura (www.kaltura.com), provider of the leading video technology platform, announced today that it has released new Video Solutions for Jive 7. Kaltura's Video Connector for Jive enhances Jive's enterprise communication and collaboration solutions by offering the most advanced enterprise video capabilities available on the market, empowering users to easily search, watch, create, edit, publish and share videos, directly from within Jive.
Kaltura will be showcasing its Jive Video Connectors for Jive 7 and Jive Cloud at JiveWorld14 on October 21-23, in Las Vegas. Visit Kaltura's booth S2 to see a live demo and learn more.
Video has become a fundamental tool for every organization, large and small. Whether for communication, collaboration, marketing and branding, training, teaching & learning, or security - video is being consumed anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
Kaltura's solutions for Jive combine the company's market leading enterprise video platform with Jive's industry-leading enterprise communication and collaboration solutions, into a seamless user experience that leverages video to dramatically improve collaboration, knowledge sharing, and communications across the organization.
"The combination of enterprise collaboration and video significantly boosts engagement in the digital workplace," said Ron Yekutiel, Kaltura Chairman & CEO. "We are excited to bring our advanced video tools to the Jive community, allowing all Jive users to leverage the power of video from directly within their Jive environment."
Key features of the Kaltura Video Connector for Jive:
- Robust video creation tools for Employee Generated Content: video upload, webcam capture, screen recording, synchronized video and slides presentation, and mobile device capture for creation and authoring of video by any user directly within Jive
- Video editing: make videos more engaging and concise by editing them before publishing
- Video everywhere: Media can be reused and embedded with single-click within Jive Discussions, Documents, Blogs, etc.
- Central My Media repository: upload once - publish anywhere (Jive, LMS, CorporateTube, etc.)
- Group/Project media galleries: searchable libraries of videos, with granular access control, moderation workflows, and roles (viewer, contributor, manager, moderator)
- In Video Search: find what you are looking for and point to the exact location within the video
- Moderation workflows and access control: approve reject content before it's published, and control who can view content and where
- Supports both live broadcast and on-demand recorded video
- Customizable and brandable video player: both looks and functionality (e.g. attach documents to specific seconds on the player's timeline)
- Optimal viewing experience anywhere, anytime, and on any device: automatic transcoding of uploaded videos, adaptive streaming, and support for both internal and external CDNs
- Superb playback quality: with scalable and reliable delivery that will not affect network /application performance
- Enterprise grade video technology: end-to-end security, reliability, scalability and flexibility
- Wide range of deployment options: covering both on the cloud and on-premise scenarios
- Analytics and insights: see who watched, which videos, how long, from which page, etc.
Kaltura's Jive Video Connector is built based on the Kaltura Application Framework, leveraging Jive's developer frameworks, supporting all tiers of Jive Cloud and Jive Custom (hosted or on-premise).
This allows for businesses and their users to enjoy ongoing rapid innovation on the Kaltura platform that is easily rolled out to the Jive solutions as well. For example, customers enjoy the cross-application "My Media" component, which allows users to upload once and easily repurpose videos in multiple applications across the organization. Using applications based on the Kaltura Application Framework, organizations can centrally manage all media content and associated metadata and avoid overhead and silos.
Kaltura's mission is to power any video experience. The company provides the world's leading video technology, including more than a dozen video-based Software-as-a-Service offerings, as well as an open and flexible Platform-as-a-Service for developing new video experiences based on hundreds of APIs for video ingestion, transcoding, metadata management, distribution, publishing, engagement, monetization, and analytics. A recognized leader in the OTT TV (Over the Top TV), OVP (Online Video Platform), and EVP (Enterprise Video Platform) markets, Kaltura has emerged as the fastest growing video platform, and as the one with the widest use-case and appeal. Kaltura is deployed globally in thousands of organizations and engages hundreds of millions of viewers at home, in work, and at school. Kaltura provides media companies with advanced video management, publishing, and monetization tools that increase reach and monetization, and that simplify production and publishing workflows. Kaltura offers enterprises video solutions that boost marketing and sales and improve internal and external communications, training, and collaboration. Kaltura enables educational institutions with disruptive online video solutions that improve teaching and learning, and increase engagement across campuses and beyond. Kaltura enables cloud computing providers and cable, satellite, and mobile operators to launch video-based services for both consumers and businesses. Kaltura is committed to its core values of openness, flexibility, and collaboration, and is the initiator and backer of the world's leading open-source video-management project which is home for more than 100,000 community members. For more information visit www.kaltura.com, www.kaltura.org, or www.html5video.org.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.