Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Infonetics: Shift to software and services in enterprise videoconferencing market tamps revenue growth
BOSTON, MA, Sep 18, 2014 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2014 (2Q14) Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment report, which tracks dedicated and PBX-based videoconferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints.
"Demand for videoconferencing capabilities remains strong as evidenced by the growth in endpoint shipments, but there are several shifts in the market that keep down revenue growth, from high-cost to low-cost hardware endpoints, from hardware to software, and from infrastructure to services," notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
2Q14 VIDEOCONFERENCING MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global enterprise video conferencing and telepresence market totaled $752 million in 2Q14, up 5% sequentially, and up 2% from the year-ago quarter
- Endpoint shipments increased 66% in 2Q14 from 2Q13, to 4.4 million, owing to growth in software sales
- The dedicated system segment struggled again in 2Q14 due to pricing pressures and a shift to lower-cost endpoints; however, the rate of decline is stabilizing
- PBX-based video conferencing continues to drive all market growth, up 29% year-over-year in 2Q14
- EMEA and Asia are the top-performing regions for videoconferencing equipment in 2Q14
- Infonetics expects the worldwide enterprise telepresence and video conferencing market to grow to $3.3 billion in 2018
VIDEOCONFERENCING REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' quarterly video conferencing report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for dedicated and PBX-based video conferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints (desktop, telepresence, videophones, multipurpose rooms, software). Vendors tracked: Avaya, Cisco, Huawei, LifeSize (Logitech), Microsoft, Polycom, StarLeaf, ZTE, others. To buy report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
CLOUD WAN WEBINAR
Join analyst Matthias Machowinski Oct. 21 at 11:00 A.M. EDT for Making the Enterprise WAN Cloud Ready, an event examining WAN issues to consider before deploying new cloud applications to avoid unwelcome surprises. Register to attend live or access the replay at: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=848739&s=1&k=C95D4B9A1439BCAE5E357894C27648 68
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Bounce back in Ethernet switch market in Q2 belies hostile challenges faced by vendors
- 802.11ac access point penetration nearly doubling every quarter, shows WLAN report
- No seasonal rebound in enterprise router sales in 2Q14, market down 9% from a year ago
- PBX market struggles linger in first half of 2014; UC market up 31% from year ago
- Cloud PBX and unified communication services a $12 billion market by 2018
- Tight battle for 2nd after Cisco in Infonetics' enterprise networking infrastructure scorecard
Download Infonetics' 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
- SIP Trunking and eSBC Strategies: North American Enterprise Survey (Sept.)
- SIP Trunking Services Forecast (Oct.)
- 1G/10G/40G/100G Networking Ports Forecast (Oct.)
- Wireless LAN Strategies and Vendor Leadership: N. America Enterprise Survey (Oct.)
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on-demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Shifting to the Cloud: Managing Next-Gen WLANs (View on-demand)
- New Architectures Driving Cable Broadband Networks (Oct. 7: Attend)
- Making the Enterprise WAN Cloud-Ready (Oct. 21: Attend)
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See job openings here.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard firstname.lastname@example.org +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), Lat. America: Scott Coyne email@example.com +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa, India: Iyassu Soquar firstname.lastname@example.org +1 408-583-3397
Greater China, S.E. Asia: 大中��?�?� Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
Japan �?��?� Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
South Korea �??�??민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides here.
Directing Analyst, Enterprise Networks and Video
SOURCE: Infonetics Research
(C) 2014 Marketwire L.P. All rights reserved.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.