Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Sonus Announces General Availability of the SBC 7000 Session Border Controller
Performance Verified to Deliver More than Twice the Scale and Transcoding Capacity of the Top Performing Competitive Solution for Secure, Reliable Delivery of Real-Time, Multimedia Communications
- The Sonus SBC 7000 Session Border Controller (SBC) is the industry's highest performing platform - with scale up to 150,000 sessions with fully-enabled security, media and transcoding features, enabling support for real-time communications such as high definition (HD) voice, video, Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE) and Rich Communications Services (RCS).
- The SBC 7000 has been selected by multiple tier one service providers for use in some of the world's largest real-time communications networks, establishing a new performance benchmark for fastest time-to-sale of a new product within Sonus.
- The Sonus portfolio of software- and hardware-based SBCs features the same common code base across all core network platforms.
WESTFORD, Mass.--Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced general availability (GA) of the Sonus SBC 7000 Session Border Controller (SBC), a solution purpose-built for the unique demands of real-time communications across Cloud and mobile network environments. With support for up to 150,000 sessions, the SBC 7000 sets a new performance and capacity standard in the industry for secure, reliable delivery of voice, video and collaboration services. Since market introduction in February 2014, the SBC 7000 has been selected for deployment by several tier one service providers for use in some of the world's largest communications networks, marking the shortest time-to-sale for a new product within the company's history.
The foundational strength of the SBC 7000 is its ability to support high-capacity requirements for real-time, multimedia traffic - outperforming the top competitive platform in several categories, including:
- More than two times greater scale and transcoding performance to help customers secure and interwork the demands of new real-time, multimedia service offerings
- Ten times greater support for Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) sessions, giving customers maximum message authentication and replay protection for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) traffic
- Fifty-nine percent greater calls per second (cps) than the leading competitor
Sonus is the only brand to offer the same hardened code base across its core hardware and software SBC portfolio, offering customers complete investment protection, consistent user experience and peace of mind about the security of their network. Software Release 4.1, which is also now GA, spans the Sonus SBC 5000 Series, the SBC SWe and the SBC 7000 Session Border Controller, eliminating the need for customers to maintain different release versions in a mixed Sonus SBC environment, while also supporting rapid integration of the SBC 7000 into existing core network deployments.
"Service providers are facing incredible demand for voice, video and data applications, and many of them are struggling with how to meet that demand. The SBC 7000 directly addresses service providers' needs for supplying real-world applications requiring high system throughput, media transcoding and advanced security capabilities," said Tony Agostinelli, president, Eastwind Communications. "The SBC 7000 gives Sonus a well-rounded portfolio of virtualized and hardware-based SBCs; the high performance and capacity of the SBC 7000 empower service providers to deliver real-time communications reliably, securely, and cost-effectively."
"Today's SBC 7000 announcement directly reflects how communication flowing across networks is dramatically changing. Enabling real-time, multimedia communications across Cloud and mobile environments requires new levels of scale, interoperability, intelligence and security - all of which we are committed to addressing for service providers and large enterprises," said David Tipping, vice president and general manager, SBC Business, Sonus. "Video-based activity alone is projected to grow to more than 69 percent of overall data traffic by 2017, and the SBC 7000 is purpose-built to handle these demands in a seamless, scalable manner."
- Sonus is the only vendor on the market with a complete offering of virtualized and hardware-based SBCs that enable end-to-end, feature-rich multimedia communications from the enterprise branch office to the service provider Cloud.
- For consecutive years, Sonus has been positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the "Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers" and was the largest gainer in the report published on October 21, 2013 by Gartner, Inc.
- For more information about the SBC 7000, visit the product page on sonus.net here.
- The SBC 7000 is Miercom Performance Verified; download the report here.
- Download the whitepaper "Software-Based Session Border Controllers are Critical to the Evolution of Communications" here.
- Click here to download electronic copies of Sonus' industry-leading reference guides: Session Border Controllers for Dummies,WebRTC for Dummies, Lync Enterprise Voice for Dummies and SIP Trunking for Dummies.
About Sonus Networks:
Sonus helps the world's leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through secure, reliable and scalable IP networks. With customers around the globe and 15 years of experience transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and enterprises to capture and retain users and generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of Sonus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.