Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Glass without the glasses: Google patents smart contact lens system with a CAMERA built in
- Lens has camera built in
- Could be developed to help the blind see and give them guidance
- Could also give wearer 'supervision' with ability to zoom
- Could shrink Glass to fit on a pair on lenses
- Firm already developing lenses with screen and medical sensors built in
- Project developed in secretive Google X lab
Google has patented a smart contact lens that could see its Glass wearable computer fit inside a smart lens.
The firm has already developed a contact lens for diabetics analyses their tears, warning them if their glucose levels are low.
Now it has revealed plans for a lens with a camera built in - opening the possibility of its Glass system being shrunk down significantly, offering features such as 'superzoom' to wearers and even helping the blind see.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.