Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Array Telepresence Hosts Washington DC Open House May 2nd
Open House Marks East Coast Debut of New Telepresence System.
ASHBURN, April 29, 2014-Array Telepresence, a high tech start-up, is introducing its revolutionary telepresence camera and image improvement processor during an open house on Friday, May 2nd from 2:00pm-6:00pm at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner.
Array Telepresence can use any traditional videoconferencing codec such as Avaya/RADVISION, Cisco, Clear One, LifeSize, Polycom or Vidyo, and turn it into a dual screen telepresence environment for a fraction of the cost of traditional telepresence group systems.
The open house is geared towards organizations who would like to improve their videoconferencing, as well as potential resellers, system integrators, industry analysts, and the press.
Attendees will get a hands-on demonstration of the patent-pending technology drives the Array Telepresence experience. This technology, called Equal-i, dramatically improves quality-of-experience of traditional videoconferencing systems.
Equal-i, a $13,995 upgrade to any videoconferencing endpoint that will accept HDMI or Polycom HDCI Camera Inputs, affords many improvements over a standard pan-tilt zoon (ptz) camera, including:
- Bringing the farthest participants "Up Close and Personal" and "Equal-i-zing" their size to that of the closest participants.
- Improved Eye-line - 14% improvement over a pan-tilt-zoom camera on the top of a display. Greatly reduced horizontal gaze angle vs. split-table telepresence environments from Cisco and Polycom.
- Stand Up Capture - Eliminates the "headless participant" effect that Cisco and Polycom cause when participants enter or leave the scene.
- Wide-format Display - Brings in more peripheral vision to increase the sense of immersion.
- Concealed Cameras - Reduces the discomfort felt by many when an obvious camera is present.
The Array system powers dual displays using a single codec and bit-stream eliminating impact on bandwidth and/or video network infrastructure.
The demonstration will be held at the Istanbul Room of the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, located at 7920 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22102. Attendees can rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Array Telepresence
Array Telepresence turns a traditional videoconferencing codec into a life-size telepresence environment with the addition of a 2nd display and a patent-pending image improvement camera and algorithms, known as Equal-i. Array Telepresence's President and Founder, Herold Williams, has been at the forefront of immersive telepresence since its inception. Williams was the inventor of the TeleSuite, now called the Polycom RPX after Polycom bought the technology in 2007 from Destiny Conferencing. More information at www.ArrayTelepresence.com
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.