Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Advantech Turns Spotlight on Next Generation Video Processing Engines at NAB Show 2014
Combination of ARM� and DSP cores enables standalone operation, optimizing integration costs and lowering cost per port
LAS VEGAS -- Advantech (TWSE: 2395.TW) a leading innovator in advanced video processing technologies for broadcasting, will showcase a wave of new solutions serving growing market demands. With the arrival of 4K and 8K ultra-high-definition video content, the emerging new HEVC standard, and initiatives that leverage the Internet infrastructure for video content distribution and video processing in the cloud, the broadcasting industries are undergoing dramatic changes in order to embrace new technologies, deployment strategies and delivery schemes. To accompany broadcasting equipment providers with faster integration to meet time-to-market constraints, Advantech in close collaboration with Texas Instruments (TI) will demonstrate several ways to accelerate the implementation of next-generation video solutions. The demonstrations at NAB Show 2014 include:
- DSP-8683 PCIe-based add-on card that integrates SDI-3G, HDMI and IP interfaces with cutting-edge multicore processors based on the KeyStone� architecture from TI with on-chip ARM� and DSP cores. HEVC encoding, decoding and streaming functions are supported in this new product which now offers the flexibility of standalone operation without the need for an external host processor. An innovative conceptual standalone box for fast-track development will also be on display.
- DSP-8684 PCIe-based add-on card that supports all the features of the DSP-8683 but doubles the video processing capability for higher resolution and channel density. Full details of the DSP-8683 and DSP-8684 will be released at NAB.
- DSP-8681 and DSP-8682 PCIe-based add-on cards with the HEVC codec from TI which support various resolutions (including 720p and 1080p) and video qualities (such as low-latency, video conferencing and broadcasting). The new HEVC codec being showcased provides a wide range of options in supporting different bit rates, latency times, frame rates and resolutions for addressing numerous demands from the market.
- JPEG2000 4K DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) video decoding on a single DSP-8682 PCIe add-on card demonstrating the flexibility and scalability that Advantech video processing cards based on TI's KeyStone architecture possess in meeting the challenges of dealing with ultra-high-definition video content.
- DSP-8662 and DSP-8662H PCIe-based add-on cards that integrate multiple SDI-3G, HDMI and IP interfaces for orchestrating multi-viewer and video-wall demonstrations by carrying the video over IP.
Live demonstrations of these video processing cards integrated into video carrier platforms will take place at the Advantech booth showing how the integrated platforms provide ideal vehicles for both development and solution adoption.
Advantech will also be demonstrating the new concept of video-over-IP based on SMPTE 2022 which carries video over high-speed Ethernet interfaces. This new method of carrying raw video data through the IP infrastructure eliminates the need of deploying legacy video cables that consume more space and cost when massive Ultra High Definition video channels are required.
In addition to its own demonstrations, Advantech is partnering with Utelisys, who will be showcasing field-deployed solutions which show how Advantech platforms based on TI DSP technology are being used to enable highest channel-density video streaming services using HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) technology.
All the demonstrations will be showcased at Advantech Booth SU11604 during NAB Show in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 7-10, 2014.
About Advantech - Founded in 1983, Advantech is a leader in providing trusted, innovative products, services, and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, embedded systems, automation products, and global logistics support. Our mission is to enable an intelligent planet with embedded computing products and solutions that empower the development of smarter working and living. With Advantech, there's no limit to the applications and innovations our products make possible.
Advantech's DSP portfolio includes ATCA, AdvancedMC� and PCI Express products, enabling unprecedented levels in DSP core density, boosting voice call capacity and increasing video transcoding quality and throughput. Multimedia Processing Engines (MPE) in full- and half-length PCIe form factor offer impressive HD transcoding performance and are targeted at applications in digital media, as well as a variety of broader industry markets. Advantech also offers high-level system integration by leveraging its standard product offerings ranging from a wide selection of chassis, backplanes, single-board computers (SBCs), appliances and servers. Combined with Advantech's video cards, these integrated video platforms can be tailored and configured to meet a range of system requirements in terms of video channel density, power budget, physical dimensions and cost. Such near-turn-key solutions significantly reduce the time-to-market efforts for customers and also provide optimized video platforms to the market in a timely manner.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.