Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Infonetics: Videoconferencing and Telepresence Equipment Market Up 5%
BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research��released excerpts from its 4th quarter (4Q13) and year-end Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment�report, which tracks dedicated and PBX-based videoconferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints.
"Demand for video capabilities is at an all-time high, but businesses' willingness to spend isn't, causing a shift from high-end telepresence suites and multipurpose room systems to lower-cost software and videophones for personal videoconferencing," says �Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research. "This, along with lower selling prices due to competition, is hampering a more robust recovery in the videoconferencing market."
TELEPRESENCE AND VIDEOCONFERENCING MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Following a flat 2012, the global enterprise telepresence and videoconferencing market returned to growth in 2013, up 5% year-over-year, to $3.2 billion
- Videophones are the fastest growing segment of the hardware endpoint market: Shipments doubled again in 2013, easily passing the 1-million-unit mark
- Sales of immersive telepresence systems have fallen sharply since 2011, but appear to have reached a bottom in 2013 and even grew slightly in the second half of the year (2H13)
- Asia Pacific and EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) were the key growth regions in 2013, both up 8%, while North America was down 2%
- Infonetics forecasts worldwide enterprise videoconferencing and telepresence revenue to grow at a 3% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2013 to 2018
FREE ACCESS POINT FOR 802.11ac WEBINAR ATTENDEES
Join Infonetics analyst Matthias Machowinski Mar. 27 for The Great 802.11ac Migration: Upgrade Now, or Wait?, an event discussing the pros and cons of upgrading now vs. waiting for second-gen products. Qualified attendees receive a free access point compliments of Aerohive Networks. Sign up today:
VIDEOCONFERENCE EQUIPMENT REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' quarterly video conferencing report�provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for dedicated and PBX-based video conferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints (desktop, telepresence, videophones, multipurpose rooms, software). Vendors tracked: Avaya, Cisco, Huawei, LifeSize (Logitech), Microsoft, Polycom, Radvision, Tely Labs, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Infonetics' March Enterprise Voice, Video, and UC research brief:�http://bit.ly/1iZAs2q
- Videoconferencing, collaboration show strongest growth among unified communications apps
- Enterprise SBC market grew 42% in 2013
- Mergers and buyouts stir enterprise telephony market; UC revenue climbs 31% in 2013
- Cloud, higher-performance devices lift enterprise router market out of multiyear rut
- 802.11ac ramping fast as wireless LAN market sets another quarterly high
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
- Analyst Note: 2014 VoLTE, NFV, and WebRTC Dominate VoIP Conversation�(Jan.)
- Analyst Note: Broadband Scale Drives Comcast's Bid for Time Warner Cable�(Feb.)
- Analyst Note: NFV Dominated MWC Conversations�(Mar.)
- VoIP & UC Services & Subscribers Market Share & Forecasts�(Apr.)
- North America Business VoIP Service Scorecard�(May)
- Enterprise UC & Voice Equipment Market Share & Forecasts - 1Q13�(May)
- The Great 802.11ac Migration: Upgrade Now, or Wait? (Mar. 27:�Attend)
- WLAN Control Goes to the Cloud (May 15: Attend)
- Virtualizing Networks with SDN NVOs and Bare Metal Switches (View on-demand)
- Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence (View on-demand)
- WebRTC: Compelling Service or Competitive Threat? (View on-demand)
- Making the Enterprise WAN Cloud-Ready (Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3335 N.
America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan:�http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides at�http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.