Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
VP Of Technology Position in San Diego, CA
|Title: VP Of Technology|
|Field: Information Technology|
|Location: San Diego, CA|
A rapidly growing, seven year old San Diego-based Telecommunications company with 70 employees in the Sorrento Valley. �They provide a number of Communication related services from mobile and desktop apps, to Voice over IP Business services. Their software enables voice, video, SMS, and other communication methods to coexist under a simple unified application.
Due to accelerating growth and demand for their products, they have an immediate need for a full-time VP of Information Technology (VPIT).� Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the VPIT will be responsible for the company's global network and�telecom�infrastructure, data centers, software applications, IT support, infrastructure systems, and integrated applications.� She/he will perform strategic planning and collaborative leadership to ensure the effective and efficient design, development, implementation, maintenance, and scaling of said information systems.�
Things they are looking for in you:
- Self-motivation / self-starter / self-manager
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to use logic to rationalize workflow efficiency
- Ability to make tough decisions - rationalize them, explain them, and own them
- Ability to manage a diverse team of IT professionals in dispersed locations across the globe
What you can expect:
- Fast paced, high demand environment
- A culture that embraces continuous improvement, promotes creative thinking, and empowers those that take action in the interest of the customer and the company
- A team that strives for peak performance at all times
- Entrepreneurial, fun, energetic, passionate staff
Position Responsibilities / Candidate must be able to:
- Assess issues regarding information systems and create manageable solutions.
- Direct and manage IT plans, schedules, policies, and programs
- Oversee change management policies that ensure five nines uptime.
- Apply contemporary business principles integral to a high-tech organization.
- Navigate through data management complexities in a global business environment.
- Coach and develop staff and provide timely performance management feedback.
- Develop and execute a technology strategic business plan that supports the global goals of the organization.
- Oversee the purchase, license or lease and maintenance of technology hardware and software for the organization including service and license agreements.
- Develop and manage technology policies and procedures.
- Ensure the development, implementation and testing of a disaster recovery plan and Information security policies.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions
- Evaluate risks and create appropriate response plans
- Evaluate existing and new and emerging technologies and collaborate with leadership and
- other staff to research, implement and maintain technology products.
- Provide leadership in planning for future technology directions and help other organizational leaders understand the complexities of information resources, service delivery, technologies, and the information
- Master's Degree in Information Technology preferred; will consider Computer Science or Software Engineering degrees with Management degree and appropriate experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Senior Management experience preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of Information Technology management experience with proven ability to lead and effectively manage staff.Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Software development experience mandatory - preferred high level proficiency in PHP
- Experience with "big data" warehousing, ETL, and analytics.
- Experience with architecting and administering large-scale cloud based systems.
- Extensive systems administration expertise mandatory
- Possess knowledge of client/server systems architectures.
- Experience with globally diverse network architecture and geographic redundancy
- Proficiency with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Proven ability to translate business objectives into information technology initiatives
- Proven strategic leadership skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments and organizations.
- Proven ability to demonstrate executive presence and work closely with other senior executives to identify and prioritize how information technology will be used to support the organization's business plan
- Proven ability to make difficult decisions in the best interest of the organization's business plan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.�
- Ability to work long and irregular hours as needed.
- VoIP systems architecture
- RCS / IMS
- Amazon Cloud Services
- F5 Load Balancer Administration
- MySQL, SQL, Mongo DB
- Ubuntu, FreeBSD, CentOS
More about the company
This is a "techy type" environment with very dedicated employees with a strong population of hard-hitting Rock stars. They stick with a problem until it's solved and they stay with the customer until they're satisfied. They're dedicated to doing whatever it takes to deliver superior quality products. They work hard, but they play hard, too. They have Ping-Pong, pool table, X-box, video games and a crazy zero gravity massage chair in their Common/Lunch Area - which is used by the staff on a daily basis! They also have access to an onsite gym. They have monthly pot-lucks, random pizza parties, and a few catered events annually. They have bagels on Mondays, pastries on Wednesdays, and fruit on Fridays - and unlimited daily Starbucks coffee from their own Starbucks machine. Not to mention, three micro-brewed beers on tap and always flowing. They're financially sound and offer good medical and dental insurance.
If you believe this job is for you or someone you know, contact J D Vaughn Co Founder of Sage Research at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a cover letter. Please put "VPIT" in the subject line of the email.� Also we are searching for a Product Management Leader for Mobile Platforms, as well as a Product Manager for Billing and (2) SIP Developers.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.