Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Oblong: Sales Engineer - Boston, MA
|Title: Sales Engineer|
What You Would Do:
We're looking for someone with experience supporting the sale of high-end AV solutions and unified communication and collaboration systems to help fuel Oblong's continued rate of growth in the industry.�In support of Oblong's sales team, the Sales Engineer will be responsible for providing technical pre- and post-sale customer support and guidance for Oblong's products and systems. In this role, you will act as a field sales engineering representative interacting with potential customers on-site, primarily in the Northeast. This position requires an ability to develop an overarching understanding of the full Oblong technical stack from both a software and hardware perspective. As a key contributor to the sales process, you will work with customers to understand their needs, requirements, and expectations and demonstrate how Oblong's products address industry and customer requirements.
- Serve as a technical field representative conducting demos and answering customer inquiries on Oblong's system software and applications
- Identify customer technical requirements and provide recommendations to customers on how best Oblong products can fit their needs
- Serve as a technical liaison to our sales and product development teams, translating client needs into defined product requirements�
- Provide consultative guidance in sales presentations, product demonstrations, sales quotes, and in the sales process generally
- Provide post-sale support to facilitate customer adoption
What We Look For:
We're looking for someone with sales engineering experience who possesses strong technical skills and proven experience managing customer relationships in a technical capacity. If this sounds like you, we'd like to hear from you.
- At least five years experience in a customer-facing role selling, delivering, or evangelizing hardware or software solutions. A field systems engineering track record is ideal, but experience in consulting or custom software development projects is great, too
- Must be able to converse intelligently with software engineers to translate system capabilities into clear product information for customers
- Experience selling, designing, or integrating high-end AV solutions
- Intermediate knowledge of telepresence and collaborative solutions
- Experience selling large scale technical appliances and/or systems
- Familiarity with a scripting language or advanced computer language, such as C++ or Ruby
- A broad systems understanding with an intermediate knowledge of UNIX
- Intermediate knowledge of computing hardware and software
- Intermediate knowledge of networking in general
- Familiarity with design tools, such as Photoshop or Illustrator a plus
- Willingness to travel for on-site client demos and meetings, up to 50% or more
Benefits and Perks:�
- Competitive compensation package of salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.