Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Polycom Announces New Portfolio of Mid-Market Solutions that Make Feature-Rich Video Collaboration More Affordable and Easier to Use and Manage
October 8, 2012 | Telepresence Options
Polycom RealPresence Group 300 is the next generation of HD video collaboration systems for smaller spaces or huddle rooms that need crystal-clear video calls at an affordable price.
- Industry's first implementation of open standards-based Scalable Video Coding (SVC) protocol in Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, results in 3X HD multipoint video capacity for scalability, dramatically lower TCO, and backwards- and forwards-compatibility, without the need for expensive gateways or hardware required by competitive proprietary SVC offerings
- RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is the industry's first multi-protocol, integrated software MCU that runs on industry-standard servers
- Polycom portfolio of mid-market solutions includes new RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition; new RealPresence Group 300 for huddle rooms; and updates to RealPresence Desktop 2.0 software for Windows and Macs, as well as RealPresence Mobile 2.0 for smartphones and tablets, delivering easy-to-use video at affordable prices
- New mid-market portfolio features the new Polycom UX (Polycom User Experience), which delivers the industry's best video collaboration experience with more than 20 new user innovations and features, including a completely redesigned UI and the industry's most lifelike HD image quality (up to 1080p60 resolution), patent-pending Polycom SmartPairing technology, and innovative only-from-Polycom video, content sharing and audio features, all while minimizing IT management and support requirements
- Polycom Capital provides flexible financing options for customers to increase their buying power with various payment options and the ability to include maintenance, installation, and services for video collaboration solutions
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Oct. 8, 2012 - Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications (UC), today announced a new portfolio of solutions designed for medium-sized businesses that makes it easier to purchase, install, deliver, and manage high-quality, enterprise-grade video collaboration. The mid-market portfolio includes Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, as well as various new, next-generation RealPresence video endpoints.
- Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, the industry's first implementation of open standards-based SVC (interoperable with AVC), results in 3X HD multipoint video capacity for greater scalability, dramatically lower TCO, and backwards- and forwards-compatibility, without the need for expensive gateways or hardware required by competitive proprietary SVC offerings
- Polycom RealPresence Group 300, an affordable enterprise-grade video collaboration system that supports the industry's highest resolution (up to 1080p60) and is ideal for smaller collaboration spaces such as huddle rooms
- Polycom RealPresence Desktop software for PCs and laptops (Windows and Mac OS X) and the next generation of Polycom RealPresence Mobile for smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android devices) extend video collaboration beyond conference rooms
The next-generation RealPresence video endpoints boast the new Polycom UX (Polycom User Experience). The Polycom UX delivers the industry's best video collaboration experience with more than 20 new user innovations and features, including a completely redesigned UI and the industry's most lifelike HD image quality (up to 1080p60 resolution), patent-pending Polycom SmartPairing technology, and only-from-Polycom video, content sharing and audio quality and features. The Polycom UX is designed to drive a superior experience and ease of use for users to increase adoption, while minimizing IT management and support, keeping IT costs down and usage up for better TCO.
"Polycom's new solutions for the mid-market ensure that companies of all sizes can now benefit from the power of video conferencing while staying within their budget requirements," said Sudhakar Ramakrishna, President of Products and Services, Polycom. "Polycom uniquely understands that to video-enable your workforce requires you to be able to collaborate with partners, customers and prospects, all of whom may have any number of vendors' video systems. That's why Polycom solutions are the most interoperable in the industry, and we pride ourselves on our rigorously open approach. With Polycom, you can connect via the highest quality at the lowest overall cost with just about anyone, anywhere, using any system."
"Video collaboration solutions that allow for face-to-face interaction and content-sharing are important tools for helping businesses stay competitive and on the cutting edge, no matter their size. The challenge for mid-sized companies, in particular, is that although they want and need to implement the best technology, they are often hindered by limited budgets and IT resources," said Ira M. Weinstein, senior analyst and partner, Wainhouse Research. "Polycom has created a portfolio of video collaboration solutions that effectively hit the sweet spot for mid-market customers, delivering an enterprise-grade quality of experience, along with the affordability and ease of use to support customer needs today and tomorrow."
RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, a Software MCU that Runs on Industry-Standard Servers
Polycom RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is the industry's first multi-protocol, integrated software MCU that runs on industry-standard servers, connecting video systems using the open standards-based SVC protocol with video systems using other protocols, such as AVC, to the same meeting without expensive gateways, extra licenses, or hidden costs. The RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s supports open standards-based SVC and delivers 3X HD multipoint video capacity for greater scalability, dramatically lower TCO, and superior performance, and is ideal for mid-sized enterprises such as professional service firms, private healthcare institutions, and investment firms, as well as for larger organizations with branch offices. The RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is part of the RealPresence Platform, the most interoperable and comprehensive software infrastructure for universal video collaboration.
RealPresence Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition represents a significant step forward in delivering virtualized video collaboration from the data center for even greater flexibility and lower cost. Polycom plans to deliver additional software MCUs for industry-standard servers in the future.
Polycom RealPresence Video Endpoints for Mid-Market - Performance, Ease of Use, Affordability
Polycom's mid-market video collaboration endpoint solutions include:
- RealPresence Group 300 with SmartPairing Technology and Polycom EagleEye Acoustic Camera is the next generation of HD video collaboration systems for smaller spaces or huddle rooms that need crystal-clear video calls at an affordable price. RealPresence Group 300 features HD video quality and Polycom's legendary HD audio technology, including Polycom ConstantClarity technology for extraordinary audio and video fidelity that allows users to distinguish every syllable of every word they hear in a Polycom video conference, resulting in an amazing video experience even in challenging environments. In addition, patent-pending Polycom SmartPairing technology, built into RealPresence Mobile 2.0, wirelessly connects Apple iPads to RealPresence Group 300 systems, letting users control video meetings with their tablets and transfer a live video call from their tablet to a big screen with the swipe of a finger. Polycom is also offering the new EagleEye Acoustic camera, an easy-to-install and cost-effective accessory for smaller spaces that includes built-in microphones and electronic pan, tilt, and zoom at HD quality 1080p30.
- Polycom RealPresence Desktop 2.0 is a new, affordable, enterprise-quality video collaboration software application for Windows and Mac OS X-based PCs and laptops. The solution extends the benefits of Polycom RealPresence video collaboration from the office desk to the home or wherever a user travels when on the go. The system includes features such as a corporate directory search, the ability to select a specific application for content sharing, and far-end (remote) camera control. RealPresence Desktop is the next generation of desktop software applications from Polycom.
- Polycom RealPresence Mobile 2.0 is Polycom's award-winning software application that lets customers securely extend video collaboration beyond the conference room to easily connect tablets and smartphones (iOS and Android) with other standards-based video systems. The updated app includes the new patent-pending SmartPairing technology, initially for the iPad. For iPad users, additional features include content sharing and far-end camera control. RealPresence Mobile is available for a dozen popular Apple and Android tablets and smartphones.
"Our attorneys service clients around the world - often during their local time - and regularly use video for depositions, hiring, and document reviews," said George Brandon of Morris, Polich and Purdy, LLP. "With HD video collaboration solutions from Polycom, we can confidently conduct meetings on the device that's most convenient and accessible at the time, whether it's on a group video system in a conference room at 2 p.m., or at 10 p.m. on a tablet when we're at home or traveling. Polycom gives us the flexibility and quality we need to maintain excellent client service without straining our IT budget."
Services to Help Medium-Sized Business Get Up and Running Fast
To simplify the implementation of video collaboration systems and drive usage, Polycom offers a full range of services and financing options.
- By leveraging the expertise of Polycom Global Services to design, deploy, maintain, manage, and optimize their video collaboration solutions, customers can accelerate and maximize their return on investment. Polycom recently launched a portfolio of Polycom Adoption Services intended to help drive user adoption (see the related press release).
- Polycom Capital provides flexible financing for reseller partners and end users, helping customers increase their buying power and maintain their competitive advantage. With various payment options and the ability to include maintenance, installation and services, Polycom Capital provides a total solution tailored for customers' specific business requirements. Financing options include fully customized financial solutions, technology refresh programs, payment deferral programs, capital finance leases, operating fair market value leases, and maintenance financing (see additional details).
Polycom is the global leader in open standards-based unified communications (UC) solutions for voice and video collaboration, trusted by more than 415,000 customers around the world. Polycom solutions are powered by the Polycom RealPresence Platform, comprehensive software infrastructure and rich APIs that interoperate with the broadest set of communication, business, mobile and cloud applications and devices to deliver secure face-to-face video collaboration in any environment. Polycom and its ecosystem of over 7,000 partners provide truly unified communications solutions that deliver the best user experience, highest multi-vendor interoperability, and lowest TCO. Visit www.polycom.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to learn how we're pushing the greatness of human collaboration forward.
NOTE: The product plans, specifications, and descriptions herein are provided for information only and subject to change without notice, and are provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Polycom reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time. Products and related specifications referenced herein are not guaranteed and will be delivered on a when and if available basis.
� 2012 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved. POLYCOM, the Polycom logo, and the names and marks associated with Polycom's products are trademarks and/or service marks of Polycom, Inc. and are registered and/or common law marks in the United States and various other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events, including statements regarding product availability and plans to deliver additional software MCUs for industry standard servers, and the Polycom user experience and Polycom services as driving adoption. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including the impact of competition on our product sales and for our customers and partners; the impact of increased competition due to consolidation in our industry or competition from companies that are larger or that have greater resources than we do; our ability to bring our new products and offerings to market in a timely manner due to engineering, manufacturing or other delays; changing market demands; potential fluctuations in results and future growth rates; continuing disruption to the business due to the realignment of the North America sales organization; risks associated with general economic conditions and external market factors; the market acceptance of our products and changing market demands, including demands for differing technologies or product and services offerings; our ability to successfully integrate our acquisitions into our business; possible delays in the development, availability and shipment of new products; increasing costs and differing uses of capital; changes in key personnel that may cause disruption to the business; our inability to achieve the expected results from adjustments being made to our expense profile; the impact of restructuring actions; and the impact of global conflicts and changing laws that may adversely impact our business. Many of these risks and uncertainties are discussed in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, and in other reports filed by Polycom with the SEC. Polycom disclaims any intent or obligations to update these forward-looking statements.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
24 March 2017 20 March 2017 20 March 2017
24 March 2017
Yorktel to Unveil Advancements to Univago Video Collaboration Service Platform; SVP of Professional Services to Speak on Panel, "Why UC Security Assessments are Vital for Your Enterprise"24 March 2017
Collaboration Squared introduces new Ubiety video conferencing enterprise licensing with unlimited users, unlimited meeting spaces and unlimited global phone conferencing24 March 2017
22 February 2017 2 February 2017 17 January 2017
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.