Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Masergy's New Intelligent Internet Management Provides Network-Managed Control of Web Applications and Traffic
March 14, 2012 | Hogan Keyser
DALLAS, Mar 13, 2012 -- Masergy today introduced Intelligent Internet Management (IIM), a network-based Internet security and content control solution that provides enterprises on the Masergy global network with detailed application control, proactive Web traffic monitoring and enhanced firewall features.
Internet traffic from non-business related websites can greatly impact an enterprise's productivity, while service-affecting attacks from malicious code jeopardize security and can shut down a corporate network. Deploying and managing premise-based firewalls creates a significant cost for IT departments, which can no longer isolate the corporate network from the outside world to protect business information.
Masergy's IIM solution simplifies network security, optimizes bandwidth and reduces costs by embedding the solution in the cloud, while providing easy-to-use hosted services that enhance network visibility and application control.
Intelligent Internet Management offers three centralized applications, including:
- Application Control--can allow, block or limit bandwidth for individual applications such as YouTube, Facebook and other social sites.
- Web Security--enhances network protection by proactively blocking access to sites known to host malware and other threats.
- Network-Based Firewall--uses security appliances embedded in the Masergy network, eliminating the need for an investment in on-premise hardware and software.
"The Internet is an essential part of business communications, but it must be carefully managed. If it is not effectively managed, employee productivity, data integrity and company profitability can be adversely affected," said John Dumbleton, senior vice president of business development at Masergy. "With Intelligent Internet Management, companies go beyond typical network firewalls to gain more explicit control over application access and Web traffic, while optimizing bandwidth and maximizing application performance."
Additional features include:
- Proactive maintenance in Masergy's POPs to ensure network reliability and security.
- Simplified ability to add new sites or upgrade bandwidth for added flexibility.
- Granular filter and application control to easily adapt to changing company needs.
- Detailed reporting to enhance network analysis and meet compliance requirements.
- IPsec and SSL VPNs for business continuity and remote access.
- User-friendly interface to promote efficiency and productivity.
- Continuous, behind-the-scenes database updates to keep security services current.
Masergy provides managed, secure virtualized network services to enterprises that have complex needs across multiple locations. Masergy's integrated network and software solutions enable customers to seamlessly deploy and manage unified communications on a global basis.
Serving customers throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia, Masergy leverages advanced transport technologies to deliver global Ethernet services across a native MPLS network. The company pioneered customer-control network services and the delivery of multiple services over a single network connection.
Masergy clients include global enterprises in a wide range of industries, including the financial/banking, energy, professional services, healthcare, entertainment, broadcasting, high technology and global manufacturing sectors. For more information about Masergy visit http://www.masergy.com or follow the company on Twitter @Masergy.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
24 March 2017 20 March 2017 20 March 2017
24 March 2017
Yorktel to Unveil Advancements to Univago Video Collaboration Service Platform; SVP of Professional Services to Speak on Panel, "Why UC Security Assessments are Vital for Your Enterprise"24 March 2017
Collaboration Squared introduces new Ubiety video conferencing enterprise licensing with unlimited users, unlimited meeting spaces and unlimited global phone conferencing24 March 2017
22 February 2017 2 February 2017 17 January 2017
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.