Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Glowpoint Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Results
March 9, 2012 | Hogan Keyser
Fourth quarter revenues for our cloud managed video services ("Managed Services Combined" as reported) were $3.5 million, an increase of 18% over the same period last year. Managed Services Combined represents 49% of total revenue in the quarter, up from 42% in the prior year period. Network services revenue for the quarter was $3.2 million, a decrease of 17% over the same period last year. One-time and event-based revenues ("Professional and other services" as reported) were $345,000 for the quarter.
Adjusted EBITDA (as defined and reconciled to GAAP) for the fourth quarter was $825,000, an increase of $339,000 or 70% over the same period last year. Adjusted EBITDA margin was 12% compared to 7% in the same period last year. Net income for the fourth quarter was $284,000, an increase of $731,000 over the same period last year.
For the full year ended December 31, 2011, cloud managed video service revenue was $12.8 million, an increase of 22% over the prior year. Network services revenue for the full year was $13.4 million, a decrease of 17% over the prior year. One-time and event-based revenue was $1.6 million.
"Our cloud managed video service business remains the focus of our growth and now represents the largest component of our revenues," said Joe Laezza, Glowpoint's president and CEO. "The network services component of our business has performed as anticipated given the technology trend towards converged networks, yet remains a component of our product offerings for customers that require connectivity to our OpenVideo cloud."
Adjusted EBITDA for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011 was $2.5 million, an increase of $2.6 million over the prior year. Adjusted EBITDA margin was 9% compared to a negative 1% in the prior year. Net income for the fiscal year period was $369,000, an increase of $3.0 million over the prior year.
"The fourth quarter represents continued consistent improvement in our operating results, as evidenced by the consecutive quarters of positive adjusted EBITDA and EPS," commented John McGovern, Glowpoint's executive vice president and CFO. "With the revenue mix shift to cloud managed video services and strong operating leverage, we are in a good position to drive growth as we pursue our goal of becoming the leader in cloud managed video services."
Key business metrics
- Number of managed telepresence and video conferencing rooms increased 56% to 1,152 for 2011 as compared with 2010.
- Number of managed conferences increased 50% to 60,475 for 2011 as compared with 2010.
- Number of certified enterprise video systems on OpenVideo(TM) increased 21% to 43,752 for 2011 as compared with 2010.
"We are seeing strong pipeline growth with an increase in usage as we enter into the new year. We have made progress in our service offerings to attach to a greater set of enterprise grade video technologies beyond immersive telepresence rooms and our existing and new sales channels are expanding. We are ramping up a number of initiatives and investing in growth to continue to deliver strong growth rates for our cloud managed video services in 2012," commented Laezza.
- Higher-margin cloud managed video services have become a majority of our revenue mix.
- Sound operating liquidity resulting from a full year of positive earnings and cash from operations.
- Added key industry veterans to management team and organization.
- Key new strategic partnerships were added: Avaya, SABRE Virtual Meetings and Stryker Communications.
- Reached new milestones with number of rooms relying on Glowpoint managed services, enterprises connected to OpenVideo(TM) for B2B exchange services, and growth in immersive telepresence usage across OpenVideo(TM) cloud.
- Continued investment in growth and operating efficiencies are anticipated to drive growth and improved operating leverage.
- Launched the OpenVideo(TM) cloud strategy to expand services on a global basis, and announced several service rollouts as part of the evolution of unified communications technology, including enhanced self-use services delivered via cloud-based hosted infrastructure and applications.
- Up-listed our common stock to the NYSE Amex.
- For the twelve months ended December 31, 2011, capital expenditures were $940,000 and as of March 5, 2012; there were 25,211,250 shares of common stock outstanding.
"I am very pleased with the progress we made in 2011," said Mr. Laezza. "Our goal is to secure a definitive leadership position in the rapidly developing industry of cloud managed video services. Our focus on product initiatives, sales and marketing, strategic partnerships and operating efficiencies are paving the way towards achieving this goal."
- The 2012 full year outlook and expectations that were recently announced are reaffirmed as follows.
- Growth in revenues of cloud managed video services in the range of 21% - 23% year-over-year to approximately $15 - $16 million.
- Network service revenue to decline in the range of 4% - 6% to approximately $12 - $13 million.
- Professional services and event revenue to grow in the range of 26% - 28% to approximately $2.0 million.
- Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA margin to increase to 14% - 16% of total revenues.
Glowpoint will host a conference call at 4:30 p.m. EST today to discuss the financial results for Q4 and Full Year 2011, along with updates on the business into 2012. To view the webcast, please visit: http://video.webcasts.com/events/glow001/41553/ . To participate in the teleconference, callers may dial the toll free number +1 877-407-1869 (U.S. callers only) or +1 201-689-8044 (from outside the U.S.). For those unable to view or participate in the live call, a recording of the call will be archived for viewing two hours following the call at www.glowpoint.com/investor-relations .
Glowpoint Investor Information
Glowpoint, Inc. provides cloud managed video services that make the delivery of consistently high-quality video conferencing and telepresence service as simple as using the internet, between any technology, network and business. Using our OpenVideo(TM) cloud architecture, Glowpoint enables organizations of all sizes to adopt business-class video easily, scale instantly and collaborate openly, yet securely across technology boundaries - to realize the full value of visual communications. To learn more please visit www.glowpoint.com .
Non-GAAP Financial Information
Adjusted EBITDA is defined as income or loss from continuing operations before depreciation, amortization, interest expense, interest income, sales taxes and regulatory fee expense or benefit, loss on extinguishment of debt, changes in fair value of derivative financial instruments and stock-based compensation, and severance. Adjusted EBITDA margin is calculated by dividing Adjusted EBITDA by total revenues. Adjusted EBITDA is not intended to replace operating income (loss), net income (loss), cash flow or other measures of financial performance reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Rather, Adjusted EBITDA is an important measure used by management to assess the operating performance of the company. Adjusted EBITDA as defined here may not be comparable to similarly titled measures reported by other companies due to differences in accounting policies. Additionally, Adjusted EBITDA as defined here does not have the same meaning as EBITDA as defined in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings prior to this date. A reconciliation of Adjusted EBITDA to net loss is shown below.
Forward looking and cautionary statements
The information in this release may contain statements that are or may be deemed to be forward-looking statements and involve factors, risks, and uncertainties that may cause actual results in future periods to differ materially from such statements. These factors, risks, and uncertainties include market acceptance and availability of new video communications services; the non-exclusive and terminable-at-will nature of sales agreements; rapid technological change affecting demand for our services; competition from other video communication service providers; and the availability of sufficient financial resources to enable us to expand our operations, as well as other risks detailed from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We make no representation or warranty that the information contained herein is complete and accurate; we have no duty to correct or update any information.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
14 April 2017 11 April 2017 5 April 2017
20 April 2017
The new Suitable technologies BeamPro PTZ+L telepresence robot for the healthcare industry has a laser14 April 2017 27 March 2017
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.