Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Emergence of eTelepresence: Enabler of Virtual Experience Marketing Platforms
January 26, 2012 | Hogan Keyser
Several key technology trends have emerged that, combined with the move to IP-based converged networks, are creating a third wave of online video collaboration and communications across multiple points-of-presence. These emerging technology trends include:
- Advances in video compression standards, largely driven from the explosion in consumer video adoption and professional broadcast applications, which are also extending to displays and cameras
- With significant advances in high-definition video imaging, open-standard MPEG4 (AVC) video codecs are now quite pervasive (servers that encode a data stream or signal for transmission, storage or encryption, or decodes it for playback or editing)
- The ubiquitous availability of high-bandwidth telecommunications and networking services
Along with the best IT environment in a generation for leveraging a Telepresence video platform, many organizations are finding it brings to enterprise networks a new way to build relationships with strategic partners and suppliers virtually across disparate geographies without the typical time and cost constraints of traditional in-person travel-to meetings, nor the often prohibitive costs of conventional professional video production. These Telepresence video platforms for accelerating collaboration and business innovation include:
Leverage existing video endpoints to extend to B2B collaboration opportunities
Ability to quickly connect with people at different locations, across the globe, less costly
Improved business interaction, frequency and productivity for faster executive decisions
Stronger relationships with partners and customers that accelerate sales cycles
Savings on travel cost and time - now a much more viable alternative to face-to-face meetings
Reduced carbon footprint for an eco-friendly approach to business collaboration
What are some of the practical applications of a Telepresence video platform that large, far-flung global enterprises are experiencing? Here are some current illustrations:
- A global manufacturer is connecting to its suppliers and customers in concert, while also conducting focus groups to shorten its product development lifecycle
- A prestigious educational institution is connecting to other institutions to leverage professors and support international course offerings with exclusive, certified subject matter experts
- Physicians and hospitals are using Telepresence and integrated, remote video to communicate with patients and other medical experts to shorten diagnosis times
- Oil and natural gas companies leverage centrally located experts to support field operations, reduce decision times and minimize work delay issues.
- Insurance companies are connecting risk managers in order to rapidly adjust customer risk profiles
- IT service companies are connecting customers with project teams to reduce delivery times on complex solutions
Another benefit to adopting an aggressive Telepresence solution is the flexibility in which the technology can be delivered and managed. Videoconferencing-as-a-service, for example, is an operating model that addresses requirements of high-end boardrooms as well as remote sites and regional offices worldwide. This typically is manifested in a third party hosted cloud infrastructure and managed service offering to lower the customer's total cost of ownership. This model also provides high-touch concierge, room scheduling, active meeting monitoring, issue resolution, reporting and proactive upgrades of new features.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
27 April 2017 27 April 2017 14 April 2017
27 April 2017
First Multi-Language Web Conferencing Software with Automatic Voice Translation, Captions, and Interpretation Launched by Translate Your World27 April 2017 27 April 2017
20 April 2017
The new Suitable technologies BeamPro PTZ+L telepresence robot for the healthcare industry has a laser14 April 2017 27 March 2017
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.