Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Polycom RealPresence Platform
September 14, 2011 | Hogan Keyser
September 14, 2011 via (Polycom.com) - The Polycom RealPresence Platform is the most comprehensive software infrastructure for universal video collaboration, powering Polycom's market-leading HD telepresence and video solutions.
- Bring people face-to-face from anywhere over telepresence with highly scalable, reliable, secure, and redundant infrastructure that helps to ensure business continuity.
- Create a seamless UC environment that drives adoption through ease-of-use within normal business workflows (IM'ing, calendaring, and e-mailing, for example).
- Ensure interoperation with hundreds of unified communications and business applications through the unique open-standards approach of the Polycom RealPresence Platform, which supports large-scale premises, hosted and cloud delivery of video as a service.
- Protect investments through forward and backward compatibility with existing and future systems. Drive down TCO and accelerate ROI through Polycom's unique ability to use as much as 50% less network bandwidth while providing 3.5 times greater resource capacity than alternatives.
The Polycom RealPresence Platform fits in the UC "stack" between the foundation layer of core network and security infrastructure and the services, applications, and device/endpoint layers above it, enabling the various software elements, which are typically from a range of different vendors, to interoperate seamlessly. The five functional areas spanned by the platform are described in the diagram.
Extend Platform with Interoperable Products from Polycom Partners
The Polycom RealPresence Platform interoperates with hundreds of products and services offered by Polycom's global ecosystem of partners so that you can choose best-of-breed solutions that are right for your organization which the assurance that they will work together.
- IM/Presence. IM (Instant Messaging) and Presence (the ability to see whether someone is online or not) applications connect people in real-time through text-based communication. For example, Microsoft's and IBM's IM/Presence and desktop video clients are integrated with room, mobile and desktop video systems through the RealPresence Platform.
- Call Control. Applications that provide central telephony functions such as call routing and value-added features like Call Waiting and Call Forward. If you use call control applications from Microsoft, Siemens, BroadSoft, Cisco and Avaya (to name a few), you can use the RealPresence Platform to integrate and simplify HD video and voice communication.
- Web Conferencing. Online collaboration services that let dispersed groups meet and share/edit content. You can use Polycom solutions with all the major players in Web conferencing to enhance meetings, training events, lectures, and presentations with interactive HD video.
- Video Collaboration. Polycom interoperates with the broadest range of video collaboration vendors, including its fiercest competitors (because that's what our customers want).
- Mobility. Polycom is partnering with mobile industry leaders including Alcatel/Lucent, Apple, Ericsson, HP, HTC, Juniper, Microsoft, Motorola, RIM and Samsung, to extend HD collaboration for individuals and groups across mobile networks and connect back into corporate video rooms.
- Social. The exploding social networking phenomenon is now leaping the firewall and moving into businesses to change the way people work and communicate. Jive Software and other social business applications will integrate with the RealPresence Platform to bring business-grade video collaboration to this exciting new market.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
27 April 2017 27 April 2017 14 April 2017
27 April 2017
First Multi-Language Web Conferencing Software with Automatic Voice Translation, Captions, and Interpretation Launched by Translate Your World27 April 2017 27 April 2017
20 April 2017
The new Suitable technologies BeamPro PTZ+L telepresence robot for the healthcare industry has a laser14 April 2017 27 March 2017
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.