Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
AT&T Helps Make The World a Smaller Place for Carl Zeiss
September 15, 2011 | Hogan Keyser
Top German company puts itself 'in the picture' with high definition video collaboration technology from AT&T
FRANKFURT, Germany, Sept. 15, 2011 -- /PRNewswire/ -- Carl Zeiss Group is adopting AT&T Telepresence Solution to improve global collaboration between employees, suppliers and subsidiaries around the world, across three continents.
- Carl Zeiss is a global leader in the optical and optoelectronics industry with around 24,000 employees and sales companies in more than 30 countries
- Carl Zeiss will connect sites in Germany (Jena and Oberkochen), China and the United States using AT&T Telepresence Solution
- Carl Zeiss' aim is to reduce costs while increasing productivity and providing enhanced customer contact
- This announcement is in addition to a five-year comprehensive communications contract valued at $20 million, between Carl Zeiss and AT&T* announced last year
The technology will support Carl Zeiss' global growth by helping the company improve productivity with faster and better collaboration from locations across the world - giving employees access to face-to-face communications in real time, even though they may be thousands of kilometres apart.
It will also help the company to reduce costs and minimize its worldwide environmental impact by reducing the need for travel. Executives can gather for important business meetings via telepresence and still have that important one-to-one personal experience, but without the hassle of long-haul air travel; the expense of hotels, taxis and other travel costs; being away from other colleagues; and being separated from friends and family. AT&T Telepresence Solution brings people together in a virtual environment through 'immersive' video technology.
Note to editors
AT&T Telepresence Solution is a video conferencing service that may be used to make inter- and intra-company point-to-point and multipoint telepresence conference calls. AT&T Telepresence Solution may also be used to make inter-provider telepresence exchange-to-telepresence exchange calls with designated telepresence exchanges operated by other telepresence providers. AT&T Telepresence Solution offers a variety of options, including management, monitoring, helpdesk, interoperability, support for different transport options and video endpoint types including endpoints from Cisco, Polycom and Lifesize.
Includes the installation and management of telepresence endpoint equipment on-site, maintenance, management of the application, remote helpdesk and works with AT&T VPN services
- Offers Carl Zeiss an easy-to-use and flexible extensible solution
- Enables the reliable and cost-efficient operation of collaboration with employees, customers, suppliers and partners worldwide and improvement of business processes
- Is an immersive video conferencing service, enabling customers to easily hold personal meetings, and can be deployed at telepresence endpoints in 75 countries and territories worldwide
- In addition, Carl Zeiss will use the AT&T Business Exchange to connect with suppliers and subsidiaries around the world. The AT&T Business Exchange is a unique network-based, inter- and intra-company collaboration feature which allows connection to more than 2,400 telepresence endpoints around the world
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates - AT&T operating companies - are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile broadband and emerging 4G capabilities, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
Copyright 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
27 April 2017 27 April 2017 14 April 2017
27 April 2017
First Multi-Language Web Conferencing Software with Automatic Voice Translation, Captions, and Interpretation Launched by Translate Your World27 April 2017 27 April 2017
20 April 2017
The new Suitable technologies BeamPro PTZ+L telepresence robot for the healthcare industry has a laser14 April 2017 27 March 2017
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.