Latest Telepresence and Visual Collaboration News:
Polycom Unveils Five New Innovations at InfoComm to Further Accelerate Unified Communications - Delivering on Scalability, Interoperability, Ease of Use, Price, Performance
June 15, 2011 | William Zimmerman
INFOCOMM, ORLANDO, Fla. - Jun 14, 2011:
- Polycom UC Intelligent Core technology provides more than 5X scale over competition and unprecedented reliability and interoperability to enable carrier-grade UC, furthering Polycom's UC Everywhere strategy
- Polycom OTX 100 offers immersive telepresence, at right price and right size for smaller deployments
- Polycom introduces new cloud-based Polycom Video Content Management Solutions and Polycom SoundStructure VoIP Interface
Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), a global leader in unified communications (UC), today at InfoComm 2011 Conference and Expo announced several significant solutions to accelerate the adoption of unified communications. The products range from Polycom UC Intelligent Core software to cloud-based video content management (VCM) solutions to immersive telepresence and VoIP systems.
"The UC industry is at a tipping point and Polycom is accelerating the adoption of UC through continuous innovation and execution, delivering even more solutions to connect people anywhere and on multiple devices," said Sudhakar Ramakrishna, Polycom chief development officer. "The five products we're announcing today, combined with many other recent technology advancements and Polycom-driven industry initiatives, demonstrate our commitment to delivering on our UC Everywhere vision."
Polycom UC Intelligent Core
The new software release for the Polycom UC Intelligent Core platform features industry-leading enhancements to provide the most robust platform for scalable, reliable video services to offer carrier-grade UC supporting up to 75,000 devices and up to 25,000 concurrent calls - five times more than the nearest competitive offering. Benefits and features include:
- Industry's only universal bridge to support the broadest range of devices, networks, locations, and standards (including H.323, TIP, SIP, POTS/ISDN, RTV)
- Best-in-class experience with simplified administration and set-up to reduce TCO
- Native integration with everyday workflow tools such as Microsoft Lync to drive UC usage
Polycom UC Intelligent Core technology is a key innovation platform for enabling service providers to drive visual business-to-business communications, and telepresence interoperability for multi-site, multi-vendor video calls. Polycom and 14 leading global service providers recently announced the Open Visual Communications Consortium, the first public, open video exchange of its kind, to enable new levels of interoperability for telepresence and video conferencing.
Polycom OTX 100 immersive telepresence solution
Expanding on the award-winning performance of the Polycom OTX 300, the Polycom OTX 100 solution provides the power of a single-screen immersive telepresence experience in a smaller package and more aggressive price point, making it well-suited for smaller meeting rooms and offices.
- Features 50 percent less bandwidth usage than competitive solutions, resulting in the lowest total cost of ownership of any immersive telepresence solution
- Offers robust interoperability with Polycom Open Collaboration Network (POCN) partner UC environments such as Microsoft Lync, and interoperability with Cisco CTS systems
Video Content Management Cloud-Based Offerings
New versions of Polycom Video Content Management (VCM) solutions, including Polycom's Accordent Media Management System (AMMS) v 4.5 and Accordent Capture Station v 5.1, make managing and delivering high-quality video content easier than ever. Polycom VCM solutions automate the many steps required to create, manage, and deliver video. Integration with standard-based video conferencing systems, the Polycom RSS 4000, Microsoft environments (Lync, SharePoint, SQL, Silverlight), and major vendor content delivery networks extends the value of each investment and speeds ROI.
Polycom AMMS v 4.5 benefits include:
- Automates the import of Polycom RSS 4000 recorded sessions into pre-set content categories, enabling viewing of videos-on-demand, and viewer tracking and reporting
- Automatically finds and displays live streams on Polycom RSS 4000 and Virtual Recording Rooms; sessions appear as "Upcoming Events" on the portal where they can be viewed by huge online audiences
- Live event webcast scheduling easily allows customers to invite, notify and authenticate viewers, and to deliver scalable, fault-tolerant live broadcasts
Polycom Accordent Capture Station v 5.1 highlights:
- Delivers rich media content (using HTML5 interface), live or on-demand, to mobile devices including Apple iPads and iPhones
- New support for Microsoft Expression Encoder and Microsoft Smooth Streaming
- H.264 encoding with all available Accordent Capture Station form factors, including Accordent Capture Station Standard Edition, Accordent Capture Station HD Edition, and Accordent Capture Station Mobile Edition
Polycom SoundStructure VoIP Interface
The new SoundStructure VoIP Interface adds Polycom's industry-leading SIP telephony features to the SoundStructure product family. The VoIP Interface brings the legendary performance of SoundStructure, including best-in-class Polycom HD Voice performance and noise cancellation technology, to installed VoIP environments. The modular interface makes it easier and more cost-effective than ever to transition from circuit-switched telephony to VoIP. Features and benefits include:
- Easy usage through popular third-party control system applications (such as AMX and Crestron)
- More natural, clearer conversations through support of narrow and wideband voice (up to 14kHz audio)
- Simplified roll-out through easy field upgradeable plug-in solution and SoundStructure Studio
At the InfoComm 2011 Conference and Expo, June 11-17 in Orlando (booths #1363 and #1763), Polycom will demonstrate many industry-leading solutions that are driving UC Everywhere, including a suite of products and technologies that reach from mobile devices and desktops to room and fully immersive experiences. This includes many of Polycom's latest technologies such as the automated camera system, Polycom EagleEye Director; the Polycom Architected Telepresence Experience (ATX) immersive telepresence kit; the personal telepresence Polycom HDX 4500 system; and the PC-based Polycom Telepresence m100. For more information, please visit:
Pricing and Availability
Products will be available through certified channel partners. The updated UC Intelligent Core platform will be available in Q3; to assist with planning, designing, and implementation of the Polycom UC Intelligent Core solution, Polycom and its partners offer a full suite of global professional services. The Polycom OTX 100 and OTX 100 Compact solutions will be available in October starting at a list price of US$99,999 and $79,999, respectively. Polycom's AMMS v 4.5 and Accordent Capture Station v 5.1 will be available in June starting at a list price of $55,000 and $15,000, respectively. The Polycom SoundStructure VoIP Interface will be available in Q4 starting at a list price of $875. For more information, visit:
Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM) is a global leader in unified communications solutions with industry-leading telepresence, video, voice, and infrastructure solutions built on open standards. Polycom powers smarter conversations, transforming lives and businesses worldwide. Please visit www.polycom.com for more information or connect with Polycom on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Add New Comment
Telepresence Options welcomes your comments! You may comment using your name and email (which will not be displayed), or you may connect with your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or DISQUS account.
27 April 2017 27 April 2017 14 April 2017
27 April 2017
First Multi-Language Web Conferencing Software with Automatic Voice Translation, Captions, and Interpretation Launched by Translate Your World27 April 2017 27 April 2017
20 April 2017
The new Suitable technologies BeamPro PTZ+L telepresence robot for the healthcare industry has a laser14 April 2017 27 March 2017
See what happens when YouTube and TPO come together at the Telepresence Options YouTube Channel.